I am happy to work with ambitious and motivated students interested in pursuing a postgraduate research degree. When sending me applications, please include the following:
- A copy of your CV in PDF format.
- A personal statement in PDF format detailing why you want to pursue a PhD or other postgraduate opportunities with me. Your statement must be no longer than 1 side of A4 in length. I will not consider applications above this limit.
- 1 of the following:
- A research proposal no longer than 2 sides of A4 in length in PDF format OR
- A portfolio consisting of videos and/or mini-reports of work you’ve done. The portfolio must consist of no more than 4 files. It must be zipped into a single file no bigger than 10MB. Reports must be no longer than 2 sides of A4 in PDF format. If sending videos, please ensure they are compatible with VLC. Publicly viewable YouTube hosted videos are preferred.
Your CV in particular should include:
- Previous educational experience.
- Previous (if any) academic publications you may have. Please include a DOI or link to an accessible PDF for each publication.
- Previous (if any) industrial experience you may have.
In your email/letter addressed to me personally, please indicate the programme you are applying to and whether you are self funded, have secured grant funding to study in the UK, or are seeking funding. Information is available on the Cardiff website. I encourage you to read my list of publications and my own personal statement before contacting me. You may forward your complete application to me via email using the contact details on this page.
Finally, please note that a complete application sent to me does not guarantee you a place on your programme of choice. There may be further requirements. Please contact the computer science PGR administrator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.